Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTTEN4126A, 'Install and configure internet protocol TV in a home network'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Install and configure internet protocol TV in a home network' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare to implement IPTV in a home network
1.1. Obtain and clarify occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements and risk control measures and procedures for a given work area with appropriate personnel
1.2. Evaluate existing customer home network equipment for operational status
2. Design IPTV integration to a home network to meet customer requirements
2.1. Prepare a configuration layout integrating IPTV to the existing customer network using IPTV network elements to provide optimum video delivery service
2.2. Select IPTV network elements to provide optimum video delivery service
2.3. Obtain configuration instructions for the network elements
2.4. Design a connection plan to integrate the customer network elements and optimise system performance
2.5. Identify any connection problems and amend design plan
3. Implement IPTV design plan to a home network
3.1. Interconnect network elements according to design plan using manufacturer's instructions
3.2. Configure and test the network elements to provide integrated IPTV to the existing system
3.3. Provide a free to air (FTA) connection over digital video broadcasting - terrestrial (DVB-T) to complement the IPTV service
3.4. Set up customer specific operations as required
3.5. Configure security measures in an IPTV network to protect against security threats
3.6. Troubleshoot home network according to manufacturer's specifications and escalate unresolvable items to the service provider
4. Complete and document network installation
4.1. Restore worksite to safe condition according to established safety procedures
4.2. Record and store essential installation information
4.3. Notify appropriate personnel about the completion of the task and obtain sign off