Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIBBCCS405A, 'Develop treatment plans'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop treatment plans' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Determine client requirements.
Obtain relevant information from client to determine expectations and requirements.
Actively encourage and respond to client feedback.
Evaluate client needs to inform the provision of advice and recommend products and services.
Analyse client characteristics.
Identify client characteristics, skin type and skin condition.
Identify client relevant medical history.
Discuss and evaluate client lifestyle to determine current client requirements and future treatment recommendations.
Advise client of any possible physical effects of treatment and home care as required.
Record client history card and assessment details.
Identify contraindications relevant to treatment, discuss with client and refer to an appropriate professional where required.
Assess and discuss options or limitations for future treatments according to client characteristics and contraindications.
Ensure that where medically-related contraindications are established, written medical approval is obtained by client prior to treatment as required.
Develop treatment plan.
Consider comparative negative environmental impacts of available products, equipment and services and plan to minimise these when designing treatments.
Develop treatment plan for relevant treatment or treatments according to client analysis, known effects of treatments, relevant legislation and codes and workplace policies and procedures.
Inform client of estimated treatment time, frequency and cost according to workplace policies and procedures.
Negotiate agreement with client on proposed treatment plan.
Communicate home care and lifestyle change recommendations to client.
Record details of client treatment plan on workplace record system.
Obtain client permission and a signed consent form where applicable.