Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIBBNLS207A, 'Apply advanced nail art'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply advanced nail art' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare service area, client and self according to relevant legislationand codes and workplace policies and procedures.
Evaluate client needs and expectations to provide advice and recommendations for treatment plan.
Advise client of advantages and disadvantages of various advanced nail art services.
Identify nail and skin condition and note areas of hands and nails requiring special treatment.
Identify and explain contraindications and refer client to an appropriate professional where required.
Select naildesigns, advanced nail art products and equipment according to treatment plan and confirm with client.
Apply advanced nail art products and techniques.
Prepare nails according to manufacturer instructions and treatment plan.
Apply advanced nail art products and airbrush techniques sequentially to achieve planned design.
Use personal protective equipment as required.
Complete nail art service to satisfaction of client and according to workplace policies and procedures.
Safely dispose of treatment waste to minimise negative environmental impacts.
Evaluate finished result against treatment plan.
Review treatment and provide post-treatment advice.
Seek client feedback, assess satisfaction, and record relevant outcomes of service.
Recommend future treatment program according to client needs.
Revise treatment plan as required.
Provide maintenance advice and make product recommendations according to client needs.
Rebook client according to agreed treatment plan.