Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXMER002A, 'Coordinate merchandise presentation'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Coordinate merchandise presentation' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Coordinate merchandise presentation and display.
Identify items to be advertised or promoted according to store merchandising policy.
Plan, coordinate and evaluate promotions or special events as directed by management.
Plan and supervise construction and maintenance of displays in order to achieve balance and visual impact.
Inform staff of store display standards and requirements.
Inform staff of occurrence and timing of promotions and special events.
Ensure product or service display information accurately depicts product or service being promoted.
Ensure displays are completed according to required time schedule, with minimum disruption to customer service and traffic flow.
Construct and maintain displays in a safe, secure manner.
Regularly monitor replenishment of merchandise and rotation of stock on store displays and take action as required.
Inform staff of appropriate timing for dismantling and disposal of displays.
Evaluate merchandise presentation against sales turnover and store presentation standards.
Provide management with feedback in regard to improvement of store marketing and promotional activities.
Implement merchandise pricing.
Implement store policy and procedures in regard to pricing and ticketing.
Identify current prices for products and services and amend according to store policy.
Inform team members of price changes and current pricing policies.